What We Do
Policy influence and engagement
- Supporting communities to become better involved in health policy, planning and delivery.
- Supporting policymakers, public sector and community and voluntary organisations to become better informed about the needs of communities.
- Participating in Scottish Government's working groups related to community-led health.
- Assisting community-led health organisations to respond to national consultations relating to community-led health.
- We host and facilitate seminars and conferences for community-led health organisations to share skills, ideas and good practice.
- Promoting opportunities to enhance practice in community development approaches to health improvement.
- Promoting community-led health research and supporting communities to undertake their own research and take forward findings
- Building the capacity of community members to address and take action on their priority health issues through participation in ‘Health Issues in the Community' training initiative.
- Supporting tutors to deliver and evaluate ‘Health Issues in the Community' training initiative.
- Promoting opportunities to plan and evaluate community-led health through application of computer software such as ‘LEAP on-line' and ‘VOICE'.
- Promoting equality through the promotion of effective methods to involve those experiencing greatest disadvantage.
Networks and Networking
- Supporting capacity building with both local and national community-led health networks.
- Developing networks and sharing of information with other national health intermediaries such as Voluntary Health Scotland and Community Food and Health Scotland.
- We produce and disseminate CHEX-Point, a quarterly newsletter.
- We produce and disseminate CHEX-Point Snippets, a fortnightly e-bulletin.
- We host an online searchable database of community-led health organisations.
- We also respond to enquiries relating to community-led health