Community Empowerment: Request for Participation consultation video
The video details some of the powers the Bill aims to deliver, specifically the Request for Participation, which enables community groups to approach public bodies with their ideas about how services can be run differently.
The Participation Request process is as follows:
- A group approaches a public body with their ideas
- The group must demonstrate the need for change and how their idea would help
- The public body would decide whether or not to allow the request
- If it did, the public body would then have to work from the group to make it happen
The Local Government and Regeneration Committee ask the following questions for individuals and groups to respond to:
- Do you think the Bill as it stands is the best way of getting people's ideas in front of the decision makers?
- Would you use this new right?
- If not, why not?
- What would stop you?
- Would you find it easier to participate as a group or individual?
- What help do you need to become involved?
You can reply to some or all of the questions in the following ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online: www.facebook.com/scottishparliament
- Post: Local Government and Regeneration Committee, Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh, EH99 1SP
- Phone or text message: 0131 348 6040
We encourage all individuals, groups and organisations to respond. The video is available here.
Community Health Exchange
CHEX is short for Community Health Exchange. We promote and support community-led health -where local communities identify the issues that are important to them and organise to take collective action to address these issues and improve their health.
Paul Gray, Director General Health and Social Care and Chief Executive of NHS Scotland:
If you are a local group or organisation in Scotland working to improve the health of your community, or if you are in the statutory sector supporting this type of work, you can register with us for information, advice, networking and training opportunities.
Find out more about CHEX and our network of local community-led health organisations by selecting from the buttons below, or for more about what we do, use the menu on the left.
What is community-led health?
Want to know more about community-led health? Watch a short clip of our film 'The Picture of Health' below featuring some of the local organisations CHEX supports.
*further chapters of the film can be accessed here along with subtitled versions*
People's Health Trust Scottish trustee recruitment
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 17 November 2014
Latest on participatory budgeting in Scotland
Representatives of Participatory Budgeting (PB) projects from across Scotland met in Glasgow on the 15th October 2014 to share the rich experiences of PB in Scotland over the last 10 years.
News from the Network: HIIC students family fun day to improve their community
A group of people from Dumbarton uses HIIC to improve their community.
- View all news