CHEX-Point Newsletter issue 48 - download now
We've now published the latest edition of CHEX-Point Newsletter - the quarterly magazine that brings you a deep dive into the issues affecting community-led health. We've got some brilliant articles, case studies and updates for you in this edition.
- Communities at the heart of a healthy democracy - After the referendum, what are opportunities for community-led health?
- Two articles highlighting the work of organisations PLUS Perth and Kinross and Wester Hailes Health Agency
- No numbers without stories We look at the some of the work around action aesearch for refugee organisations
- News from the Network - we open up the pages of CHEX-Point to some ofour partners and CHEX Network members.
- CHEX Conference 2015 – save the date
- CHEX News - some of things we've been up to
It's a great selection of articles from people across the sector - we hope you enjoy it!
Community Health Exchange
CHEX is short for Community Health Exchange. We promote and support community-led health -where local communities identify the issues that are important to them and organise to take collective action to address these issues and improve their health.
Paul Gray, Director General Health and Social Care and Chief Executive of NHS Scotland:
If you are a local group or organisation in Scotland working to improve the health of your community, or if you are in the statutory sector supporting this type of work, you can register with us for information, advice, networking and training opportunities.
Find out more about CHEX and our network of local community-led health organisations by selecting from the buttons below, or for more about what we do, use the menu on the left.
What is community-led health?
Want to know more about community-led health? Watch a short clip of our film 'The Picture of Health' below featuring some of the local organisations CHEX supports.
*further chapters of the film can be accessed here along with subtitled versions*
New move to enhance public participation in public decisions
A change to the Community Empowerment Bill, agreed by the Local Government and Regeneration Committee last week, encourages public bodies to promote and facilitate participation with people and communities in decision making and budget setting.
Social Enterprise Census Scotland 2015
This survey looks to examine non-profit-distributing organisations that are carrying out some level of trading in Scotland.
Edinburgh Community Food (ECF) AGM
A report from CHEX Network member Edinburgh Community Food's AGM
- View all news